Please read these instructions before continuing!
AHEPA Buckeye Scholarship awards are given only to students entering college or in undergraduate school, who are active members of the AHEPA, Daughters of Penelope, Sons of Pericles, Maids of Athena, or whose parent(s) have been active members of the Senior Orders for 3 consecutive years (2 years plus current year).
Awardees are selected using a point system based on scholastic achievement, school, community and AHEPA related activities participated in and membership in one of the AHEPA Orders as well as financial need.
All information requested must be provided. Copies of the following must accompany each application. All additional materials are required to be mailed or uploaded to the site. All mailed material should be sent to the following address:
AHEPA Buckeye Scholarship Foundation
601 Tall Pines Dr.
Toledo, OH 43615
High School applicants are required to submit the following materials:
- Most recent high school transcript.
- Letter of acceptance from accredited college university.
- IRS form 1040 (if claiming financial need)
These documents can be uploaded by clicking here
Or by going to the Application menu and selecting Upload Required Docs.
Students currently enrolled in a college or university must submit the following materials:
- An official transcript (college seal or signed by a college or university official) of grades including cumulative grade point average up to the date of application.
- Grades for the semester or term in which the application is being submitted are not expected due to the early deadline.
All forms and information submitted are confidential and non-returnable. All requested material must be submitted prior to the application deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered – be sure all requested information is supplied. If it is not, the application will not be considered.
Applications and related material must be submitted no later than March 31.
RULES GOVERNING SELECTION OF AWARDEES
Applicant must be a paid active member of an active Sons of Pericles or Maids of Athena chapter; or have parent(s) who is/are active member(s) of the senior order and whose dues are paid through the current year plus the last two (2) consecutive years. The following criteria will be considered in awarding scholarships:
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
- Financial need
- Extracurricular activities and leadership positions held
- Honors and awards
- Deceased or unemployed parents/guardians
- Other siblings in college
- Membership in AHEPA, Daughters of Penelope, Sons of Pericles or Maids of Athena
- Applicant must be an entering college freshman or enrolled in undergraduate work.
- Applicant must have been accepted for admission to an accredited college or university for the current year.
- Scholarships for the current year will be made payable to the accredited college or university in which the recipient is enrolled.
- If the recipient does not enroll or does not complete the first semester or quarter of the current year, the scholarship award must be refunded to the AHEPA Buckeye Scholarship Foundation.
- Financial need is determined by the income level of both parents as listed on the IRS Form 1040, Line 31. If filing separately, both 1040 Forms must be submitted. Combined income over $100,000 do not qualify for financial need.
This year’s application is only available online. There is no option to download the application form.
If you receive an award you or a parent is strongly encouraged to attend the District Convention at the Saturday Awards Luncheon to accept the scholarship.
Click here for this year’s District Convention information
Click this button to continue to the Application